Re: [K12OSN] drm i915_hangcheck_elapsed on client

Hi Roland,

I've seen a similar message too many times to count. I don't use RHEL, but have seen it a lot with Ubuntu/Debian LTSP setups that we deploy. There are bugs in the Linux Intel Graphics driver that cause this. There are a number of adjustments you can make to try and remedy this, including upgrading/downgrading both the kernel and the intel graphics driver and adjusting acceleration options in custom xorg.conf files for your thin client, but it's a mixed bag. You basically just have to try different combinations of adjustments until you find something that works. Different techniques seem to have different mileage on different hardware. It can be very time consuming. If you google the error message you'll find a lot of info about.

Justin Lunning
npServ Director
NEW (Nonprofit Enterprise at Work)
jlunning new org / www.new.org
(734) 998-0160 x 212 (Ann Arbor)
(313) 887-7788 x 212 (Detroit)
Ann Arbor: The NEW Center, 1100 N. Main Street
Detroit: Hannan House, 4750 Woodward Ave
HELPING NONPROFITS SUCCEED