[K12OSN] checking out equipment

Hey all,

The journalism department at my school needs a way to keep track of
digital cameras, microphones, video cameras, etc., and asked if I had
any ideas. A library circulation program is probably more than they
need, but they would like to be able to barcode equipment and scan
student ids when they check stuff out.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a program that might be appropriate?

Todd