Re: [K12OSN] Poor performance woes

On 09/20/2011 04:12 PM, David Hopkins wrote:
So, runs fine at server console, but lags severely at the thin client
with the same account.  Are you certain that the clients are running at
100Mb full duplex?  If you've enabled a shell at the client can you
check to see what ifconfig reports at the client?  I would check
memory/performance at the client with top (in a shell, add
SCREEN_02=shell in lts.conf, ctl-alt-f2 to access it at the client)
while the page is being displayed from the GUI login session just to
convince myself it isn't a load issue at the client.

I will double check, but since I was seeing 12MiB/sec - which is pretty close to 100 Mbits/sec, I'm thinking they are running at 100. Also, the LEDs on the switch say 100, and not 10.

Also, Adobe has a 64bit Flash for linux (v11) available as beta. I've
been running that for the last couple of weeks (since it was released
IOW) on my systems (Ubuntu 10.04 with LTSP packages added).
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html It definitely runs
better than the 32bit flash with nswrapper.  Installation was just a
matter of  uninstalling the 32bit flash and copying the 64bit version to
the correct plugins directory.

Yes, I'm using the 64-bit Flash, and not the nswrapper version. Further, I can't find any flash content in the page he's loading, just a truckload of javascript.

Those are the things that I'd check first.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Jomegat <jomegat jomegat com