Re: [K12OSN] Poor performance woes

I just keep thinking that no system can really be all things to all people, no matter how good it is. Like that office mentioned that has a few Windows machines. Could you scare up the resources to put another NIC in the server and have a few "higher-powered" thin clients that have more ram, dedicated Gig-E to the new NIC on the server and better video cards, for the kids whose parents are on the school board? I'm serious, aside from that last bit of snarkiness, sometimes you just need a better workstation, even if 99% of the time you don't. Maybe run a few, selected local apps on those.

ck