Re: [K12OSN] Poor performance woes

<snip>Could you scare up the resources to put another
NIC in the server and have a few "higher-powered" thin clients that have
more ram, dedicated Gig-E to the new NIC on the server and better video cards, for the kids whose parents are on the school board?<snip> That's not a bad idea. I do have a spare PC that's at least five years
newer than my TC's.  I should try one.
I was thinking, from the discussion, that your bottleneck is probably ethernet speed, video card or RAM on the client. By "higher powered" I just meant improved in those areas. Might not even need full-on new systems, aside from the local apps angle.