Re: [K12OSN] vlc localapps can't read in /tmp

Ah! I'll bet vlc is looking on the CLIENT /tmp and not theĀ  SERVER /tmp.

You can set up the server /tmp to be mounted by the clients. I've not thought through what the performance/security issues will be. I don't see performance as much of a problem as security is. Things _should_ be UID-safe as long as all shared-space users originate their security access (password, master user list on AD or LDAP) from the server.