[K12OSN] freerdp ver 1.0

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Wed Feb 1 17:08:38 UTC 2012

I know that a number of us use rdesktop or freerdp for rdp sessions. If
you weren't already aware, a fork/update to rdesktop, freerdp has just
come out with ver. 1.0. I don't believe rpms, etc are available yet but
it's pretty easy to compile (even I could do it).

Information, links to files, wiki, how to compile, etc.

http://www.freerdp.com/

This new version solved a major issue for us, authenticating onto a Win
Server 2008 remote app server. There are some differences on how it
works on F14 vs. SL 6.1 (which flags to use, etc.) but, generally, it
works very well.

It hasn't been integrated into remmina yet but you can create a "gui"
using zenity. Let me know if you need more on this.

btw, if you get a "could not find cups" message during compile - I did
on F14 - install  cups-devel along with the other recommended files
shown on the install pages.

Regards,
William