[K12OSN] SL 6 no cmov support in kernel

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Thu Feb 23 12:57:59 UTC 2012

Jeff,

Yep,You are right. After I posted this I realized I had the fact
reversed.
These little Ebox's are the cat's meow,and I'd like to make these usable
on SL 6.1. This is what i use personally. I have had the same Ebox for
11 years! I would think someone much smarter than I can compile a kmod
module to hang onto the existing running kernel to make the old school
processors seem 'acceptable' to the kernel after the kmod is loaded?

I may delve into running two client chroots( for the older
machines),,although I'd like to stay away from this as I am sure it will
involve behind the scene's snafoos.

Thanks,
Barry