[K12OSN] ltsp 5 usb attached printer problem

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Tue Feb 28 01:17:03 UTC 2012

On 02/27/2012 11:54 AM, Barry Cisna wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the info.
> Could you give me an 1,,2,,3,,, what the procedure you done to do the
> python-daemon into the chroot?
> If I simply chroot to the /opt/ltsp dir and do an yum install
> python-daemon,,,will the rpm(s) be pulled down and installed as
> expected?
> Then I am guessing I do the ltsp-update-sshkeys,,and ltsp-update-image
> gig?
> Then,,after an TC reboot,,is the usb attached printer
> detected,,setup,,without any entries in lts.conf?

I just did a yum install python-daemon in the chroot and printing
started working.  Yes, yum pulls down the dependencies, but you need the
epel repo enabled IIRC.

If you use NBD images instead of NFS then you need to update those also.
  You shouldn't to run anything else.

Other than the printer device in your lts.conf is all you should need,
something like:

PRINTER_0_DEVICE=/dev/usblp0

Jeff