[K12OSN] iptables

Matthew Carter redbranchwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 19:52:49 UTC 2012

I'm trying to bring up my firewall on my server on only one of my two
interfaces. ltspbr0 is attached to eth1 and eth0 is the external
connection. In /etc/sysconfig/iptables, I added:
-A INPUT -i ltspbr0 -s 172.31.100.0/24 -j ACCEPT
where the bridge and subsequent network is 172.31.100/24.

There should be no other connections to the outside world on that side of
the server. Is this a gaping security hole, ie, can my users connecting to
the outside world cause a backdoor to the bridge side of the server?

Thanks!