[K12OSN] Two onboard nics, one works ,one doesnt.

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Wed Feb 22 12:10:49 UTC 2012

Hello All,

Just wanted to share this. Our school purchased two new 1u servers.
These two mobos have two realtek8111/8168b integrated nics. Long story
short on each of the two boards eth0 works fine and eth1 does not work
at all.
I have been down the road of using ethtool to try and force link speeds
etc. After Googling this has been a problem on Fedora and Centos for
almost two years.
i have not found a definitive fix. I ended up putting in each an pci nic
to get them into production. Probably should have returned both servers
but I had them all loaded up with what I thought was going to be a
working setup,,until running into the second nic dead snafoo.

Take Care,
BC