[K12OSN] CentOS or Scientific Linux?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:08:54 UTC 2012

Good day,

A Happy New Year to everyone!

I would vote that perhaps Scientific Linux is a better match as their
mandate should theoretically be more in line with schools and other
educational institutions that CentOS.  I believe also there were a
number of political headaches with CentOS that may or may not have
been resolved and could cause problems again in the future.

I would also vote for NOT using Facebook but continuing with this
mailing list.  The ability to search is key and Facebook's search is
*horrible*.  I mostly subscribe to these lists in order to go back
later and search whenever a problem arises, and that has saved me
countless times.

Thank you
Joseph