[K12OSN] k12ltsp as next-server

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Mon Jan 30 18:29:35 UTC 2012

dear All,

I'm trying to set up a K12Ltsp server on Centos6.2 as next-server behind
an OpenSuse11.1 Kiwi-ltsp server.
So everybody on this site boots from the Kiwi-ltsp machine, but I want
to put some users on the newer CentOs-server.

So in /etc/dhcpd.conf on the Kiwi-ltsp machine it says:

*group {
next-server 192.168.66.150;
filename "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0";

host testtc {
hardware ethernet 00:22:64:29:a9:4e;
fixed-address 192.168.66.156;
}
}*

next-server being the K12ltsp machine.
host testtc, the test thinclient, is a Hp thinclient attached to the
Kiwi-ltsp machine.

The K12ltsp setup on the Centos6.2 machine is completely new installed
and exactly like it's explained on the site.
So firewall is off.

The thinclient gets an dhcp address and begins booting, then halfway
down stalls with this EM:

*Dracut: Warning: Boot has failed. To debug this issue add "rdshell" to
the kernel
command line.
Dracut Warning : Signal caught.

Kernel Panic -not syncing : attempted to kill init!
id:1, comm: init Tainted :6
--------------------------------------------#2.6.32-131.6.1el6.i6
6.thinclient s1

*If I want to add "rdshell", where would I put it?

Could this be a simple permission problem --- the Kiwi-Ltsp machine
boots with the pxelinux.0 from the CentOs machine
if I understand it correctly -.

Or could the 2 systems be incompatible?

Thanks for any advise on this.

greetings, J.