Re: [K12OSN] CentOS or Scientific Linux?

Currently K12Linux is based on SL6.1 because CentOS has been very bad at keeping up with updates in the past year. But then recently CentOS surprised everyone by releasing 6.2 very rapidly after RHEL 6.2. SL 6.2 is slightly behind. You folks think we should we keep K12Linux with SL, or move to CentOS 6.2?

Please move to CentOS 6.2! The repos to SL is sometimes very slow and outright unstable. We've had some not so nice experiences trying to install og updating the LTSP-client only to crash and burn because all the SL mirrors we did try where down.

Odin

BTW, I really hope people can move discussion to the K12Linux Facebook group.  I can more easily read and respond to stuff there than this mailing list.

But I really don't like Facebook... G+ is better ;-)

Odin

Warren