[K12OSN] CentOS or Scientific Linux?

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Jan 2 14:01:51 UTC 2012

A lot of us don't do Facebook, for a lot of reasons.  But to answer your
question about K12Linux, I'd suggest CentOS 6.2.  Looks like they just
needed to figure out RH's changes for v6, and that they've now done that.

Just as a test, one time I took a RHEL 5 box running NMIS and pointed it
at the CentOS repositories (the subscription had ended a year ago, the
box was non-production, so no real risk there).  The OS not only updated
properly, but it looked just like CentOS 5 afterwards.  Continued to run
beautifully.  Just one indication of how exact CentOS is with keeping
with RHEL, and I like that.

--TP