Re: [K12OSN] CentOS or Scientific Linux?

On 01/01/2012 05:37 PM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
Hey folks,

Currently K12Linux is based on SL6.1 because CentOS has been very bad at
keeping up with updates in the past year. But then recently CentOS
surprised everyone by releasing 6.2 very rapidly after RHEL 6.2. SL 6.2
is slightly behind. You folks think we should we keep K12Linux with SL,
or move to CentOS 6.2?

Is it a big deal to allow either? Do they diverge enough that one would work and the other wouldn't?

Reason I ask is that I pretty much wholesale switched from CentOS to SL since CentOS 6 took so long to arrive. Now I run SL pretty much everywhere.

Jeff

BTW, I really hope people can move discussion to the K12Linux Facebook
group. I can more easily read and respond to stuff there than this
mailing list.

Sorry, but like most others here I would rather not use Facebook.

Jeff