[K12OSN] Wireless TC assistance

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Jan 14 13:37:18 UTC 2012

Hello All,

Does anyone on list here know of,and have tried any minimal linux distro
that merely will boot a tc for example search for any available open AP,
connect ,and then continue to boot to serverxyz as specified in the
config?

I have posted this before but no real "this works out of the box'
wireless a possible even if throughput will be marginal. Without this in
a school setting I feel k12linux/k12ltsp is not a viable/possible
alternative.

I was hoping someone at this point(much smarter than I) would have been
able to dump some minimal boot code,even into a bios ,on top of pxe, to
make this happen,,as an option in bios settings of the TC for example.

After having messed a few minutes with an NComputing TC this is
basically what they use, albeit to a wired network to come up to a
splash screen to set the server you would like to connect to. I guess
very much the same as k12linux/k12ltsp, bottom line ,only at bios level.

We do have several TC's that I can burn a minimal ' wireless bootup
distro' onto SD cards to test with.

Thank You,
Barry