Re: [K12OSN] Wireless TC assistance

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Barry R Cisna <brcisna eazylivin net> wrote:

> Does anyone on list here know of,and have tried any minimal linux distro
> that merely will boot a tc for example search for any available open AP,
> connect ,and then continue to boot to serverxyz as specified in the
> config?
>
> I have posted this before but no real "this works out of the box'
> wireless a possible even if throughput will be marginal. Without this in
> a school setting I feel k12linux/k12ltsp is not a viable/possible
> alternative.

I've always thought that running an NX client on the laptop with
freenx on the server would be the way to run over wifi but never
needed to do enough of it to make a canned configuration or be
concerned about leaving established sessions running when disconnected
(a good thing, sometimes...) .   X2go might work as well now.

> We do have several TC's that I can burn a minimal ' wireless bootup
> distro' onto SD cards to test with.

Puppy linux is supposed to be designed smallish systems.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell gmail com