[K12OSN] k12ltsp as next-server

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Tue Jan 31 17:41:46 UTC 2012

Johan,
Hopefully, the following is correct and helpful.

Have you set the correct option-path for the kernel in dhcpd.conf?

It will probably look like this for you, if *.66.150 is where the ltsp
kernels are

 option root-path "192.168.66.150:/opt/ltsp/i386";
or if you are using nbd
option root-path "nbd:192.168.66.150:2000:squashfs:ro";

filename "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0"; only is for the pxe image. From there,
it needs to find its full kernel to finish booting

also, you will have to edit
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/sbin/ltsp-client-launch
if you want your clients to connect to *.66.150 or anything other than
the default ip from install for the ldm session.
look for the server variable on line 46.

Regards,
William