[K12OSN] CentOS 6.2 LTSP setup

David C. Moody davidm at trustholiday.com
Fri Mar 9 18:39:05 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using an Ubuntu LTSP setup, that works well however it's time to upgrade hardware and I'm having trouble getting Ubuntu to install now.

Anyway,  I installed CentOS 6.2 then followed the K12Linux setup instructions and I continue to fail during the ltsp-build-client process.

Below is the error message I receive, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Retrieving http://mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu/linux/scientific/6.1/i386/updates/security/repodata/repomd.xml ...OK
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/errors.py:40: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
  return str(self.message)
Error creating image : Unable to download from repo : Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: sl6-security-i686. Please verify its path and try again
umount: /var/tmp/imgcreate-6nlJNf/install_root/var/cache/yum: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
Retrieving http://mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu/linux/scientific/6.1/i386/updates/security/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 lazy umount succeeded on /var/tmp/imgcreate-6nlJNf/install_root//var/cache/yum
error: LTSP client installation ended abnormally

Thanks,
-David C. Moody