[K12OSN] Silverlight?

Jomegat jomegat at jomegat.com
Fri Mar 16 16:38:25 UTC 2012

Even Microsoft is giving it the heave-ho.

She doesn't care about Silverlight.  She cares about some web app she
found that uses it.

I've already taken the "no" path with Shockwave, and it did indeed make
shock waves.  I very nearly lost my LTSP install over it.

If I keep saying "no" to everything she asks for, it will strengthen the
position that "LTSP can't do everything I need."  In other words, I
could win all the battles and lose the war.

I'm sure she will continue to find applications out there that require
Shockwave, Silverlight, Windows, and who knows what else.  I try to find
replacements when I say no, but those are never as satisfying (to her)
as saying yes.

I want to reserve "no" for things that really can't be done.