[K12OSN] xdmcp on ltsp5

Steve skerr at rx30.com
Fri Mar 16 19:21:48 UTC 2012

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont anticipate any issues getting them to work side by side.
My goal right now is getting xdmcp working with ltsp5 and a sl6 root.
ldm, telnet and ssh are fine. xdmcp dies. i mentioned my 4.2 root
primarily to demonstrate a working kdm config.

the host currently uses kdm and kde desktop. Do i need to use gdm ? xdm ?
Does lts.conf require an xdm_server statement ?? does it need xfs on the
host ?

X :1 -query from TC shell gives the same error as a normal attempt to
load x using xdmcp in lts.conf:

FATAL: module fbcon not found
XDMCP fatal error: Session Failed Session 340368001 failed for display
lt01:5: cannot open display.