[K12OSN] file attributes

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 19:46:36 UTC 2012

Use rpm -Va to see all packages compared to their md5 checksum from rpmdb.
Replace every package that has binaries that don't match what rpm says they
should be. Use yum replace foo or rpm -F foo.
If you still can't modify that directory try a reboot to clean up the mount
tables. Start it in single user mode.

rpm -Va | egrep '^..5' | awk '{print $NF}' | xargs rpm -q --whatprovides |
sort -u

will provide the package list you need. If you are in runlevel 3 just run:

yum reinstall $(rpm -Va | egrep '^..5' | awk '{print $NF}' | xargs rpm -q
--whatprovides | sort -u)

and that will reinstall the bad packages.