[K12OSN] ldminfod port information

Hello All,

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem,that has arisen.
Could someone on list here check and see if,,when you do the following
in a terminal on the ltsp5 server :

telnet localhost 9571

You get a connection and the connection stays open?

When I try and do the above command I get a connect but immediately
disconnected. I would think I should be able to stay connected?
This is the ldminfod port number.
I have never tried this before,so i do not know if this is expected
behaviour?

Thank You,
Barry