[K12OSN] ldminfod port information

Phydeaux reb at taco.com
Thu Mar 1 18:32:16 UTC 2012

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to troubleshoot a problem,that has arisen.
> Could someone on list here check and see if,,when you do the following
> in a terminal on the ltsp5 server :
>
> telnet localhost 9571
>
> You get a connection and the connection stays open?
>
> When I try and do the above command I get a connect but immediately
> disconnected. I would think I should be able to stay connected?
> This is the ldminfod port number.
> I have never tried this before,so i do not know if this is expected
> behaviour?

I see this:
-------------------
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
language:en_US
language:aa_DJ.UTF-8
language:aa_ER.UTF-8
[240 or so similar lines removed]
language:zh_TW.UTF-8
language:zu_ZA.UTF-8
session:gnome-session
session-with-name:GNOME:gnome-session
xsession:/etc/X11/xinit/Xsession
rating:93
Then the connection closes.  Based on my review of the man page and other related
documentation, I think the close of the connection is expected.  I've never looked
into this before, though.

reb