[K12OSN] lts.conf File edit debacle

Jomegat jomegat at jomegat.com
Fri Mar 2 21:27:56 UTC 2012

That sounds like a line-ending problem to me.  If you want to find out
if that's it, open it with vi, and then type ":ff=dos<enter>" and then
save the file.  That will save the file with <cr><lf> line endings
instead of the more compact unix-ish <lf>..  Not all programs can parse
alternate line endings properly (parsing text is /hard/).

type :ff=unix then save.

If you ever open a file in vi and a lot of ^M's show up, that means it
has mixed line endings.