Re: [K12OSN] LTSP Gurus...Help pl : First LTSP install & Kernel panic

Sudev

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Sudev Barar <sbarar gmail com> wrote:

On Mar 2, 2012 12:36 AM, "Sanjay Arora" <sanjay k arora gmail com> wrote:

> dracut warning: Boot has failed. To debug this issue add "rdshell" to the kernel command line.
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
> Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i586 #1

Hmmmmmm....32bit 64bit combo issue?
What happens if you add rdshell parameter to kernel load?

How do I do that....the error does say that...but I don't know how....I assume I must tinket with something in the i386 dir...but exactly what?

Honestly have not tried installs using latest centos but should be simple. Do check paths in the scripts as these change from version to version.

Could it be a path error? The client machine is getting kernel panic....this means it is getting the kernel through tftp or whatever method pxe uses...

Try ubuntu?

On the server machine? Unfortunately, its an existing server with spare capacity...can't reinstall it...but can create a virtual machine with ubuntu.....but I assumed that since I did not know anything about ltsp/pxe/tftp toolset....it would be more difficult to setup the ltsp server in a virtual machine.

Thanks.
Sanjay.