Re: [K12OSN] lts.conf File edit debacle

On 03/02/2012 04:27 PM, Jomegat wrote:
That sounds like a line-ending problem to me. If you want to find out if
that's it, open it with vi, and then type ":ff=dos<enter>" and then save

Ugh.  That should have been

:set ff=dos
:set ff=unix

Hope that didn't throw you. Seems my fingers know this but my brain apparently does not.

the file. That will save the file with <cr><lf> line endings instead of
the more compact unix-ish <lf>.. Not all programs can parse alternate
line endings properly (parsing text is /hard/).

type :ff=unix then save.

If you ever open a file in vi and a lot of ^M's show up, that means it
has mixed line endings.