[K12OSN] LTSP Gurus...Help pl : First LTSP install & Kernel panic

Burke Almquist burke at thealmquists.net
Wed Mar 7 05:44:04 UTC 2012

You aren't using NBD, and it's not the memory or the NIC from what you are saying.

>From what I can see, it's not an issue with build of the chroots. It's not even getting that far.
You ARE seeing it load a kernel over PXE, correct?

It appears it's failing to load the root file system from NFS. Do you still have the firewall on the server turned on, or perhaps another DHCP server on your LAN? That seems to be a common source of problems.
Make sure you followed the directions from here exactly. https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/InstallGuide and https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/NetworkSetup

My testing clients are PIII 450 with about the same amounts of RAM as yours. I'm going to try setting my test bed up from scratch again. Either it'll work, and we know it's something with your setup, or I'll have the same issue and I'll be able to poke around and find the problem.