Re: [K12OSN] Silverlight?

Whenever you get one of these kind of requests, respond enthusiastically with a "Yes, I'll look into that", so people know you're on their side. In this case, scope out the price of putting up a Windows terminal server (LTSP can do RDP), multiply that times however many servers you'll need (last I checked, WTS could only handle about 10 simultaneous sessions), plus the cost of the CAL licenses. It will quickly add up. Then you can say to the powers-that-be, "Yes, we could do that, but we'll have to cut a teacher or a few aides to pay for it, because proprietary software is always going to be expensive, sooner or later. Remember, MS is a *business* which means they are first & foremost interested in making money and that money comes from you. Linux & FOSS are about enabling people to do things; money usually isn't the concern." Then, if you've found an alternative that works on Linux, you can say so, and hopefully they'll be more receptive.

Peter