Re: [K12OSN] file attributes

Everybody loves a good mystery. :-)

Is there anything in /var/log/messages, or in dmesg when you try to delete these files?

Kindest regards,

Jan Middelkoop
Recreatie en Zorg Groep B.V.

--
Website: http://www.recreatie-zorg.nl/
E-mail: jan recreatie-zorg nl

Op 20-03-12 00:29, Barry R Cisna schreef:
Hello,

thanks for the additional suggestions.
Yes. I have run rkhunter,,and rkhunter does in fact show that this
machine has hanged with shv4.

Also i did boot up one more time with the deft live cd to double check
the lsattr of each of the two directories,,and neither dir shows the
immutable bit is set on the dir,,or any of the files that will not
delete?

Also for completeness I did not mention previously I did copy known good
binaries from a good server to replace the (about a dozen binaries) that
was replaced by shv4 kit. I could tell fairly easily as the replaced
binaries had a user of 114 and group of 112.

The machine does not really show any odd processes,,or netstat stuff
running,,,but Id simply like to figure out why these files will not
delete.

Thanks again,
Barry