[K12OSN] localapps firefox crashes regularly

Barry R Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Thu Nov 22 21:05:32 UTC 2012

Hello All,

CentOS 6.3   32-bit
SL 6 client root
ltsp 5.

About two weeks ago i decided to setup firefox to run via localapps for
the first time ever using ltsp/k12linux just to see how things works out
using Firefox in this fashion.
Using an p4 with 2GB of ram on client. Gig-E Lan.
This is the only client I have tested Firefox on.
I installed Firefox, flash-plugin, icedtea-web only. Firefox does open
very quickly on the client but Firefox does quite frequently crashes and
goes shut.
Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

Thank You,
Barry