[K12OSN] flash-plugin crashing after update

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Fri Nov 9 11:54:11 UTC 2012

Hello All,

CentOS 6.3     32-bit
SL     6.1    client root

Wanted to get opinions on  the latest flash-plugin crashing quite
frequently. I am usually one to go with the thought of "if it isn't
broke leave it alone".
I decided to pull down the latest,greatest  flash-plugin , from rpmforge
11.2.202.238.0.2.el6.rf
,,,about two weeks ago.
Now quite often when students view Youtubes mainly( My thought is
students should not have Youtube access,anyway)  in a matter of time the
viewing window shows 'flash-plugin has crashed".
Only way to get going is a TC reboot.
I am going to go back to the initial version of flash-plugin I plopped
on these servers at the offset.

Also my thought is i should stick with the real epel release versioning
stuff versus rpmforge builds of rpms.

Has anyone else been experiencing these crashes is what I would like to
know,just out of curiosity.

Thank You,
Barry