[K12OSN] freerdep problem

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Wed Nov 14 19:32:20 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am new one on this list. Greeting to all.

I installed K12 on Fedora 14 and CentOS 6.3 x86_64. All work the best
excluding xfreerdp. I couldn't solve this problem, but with no xfreerdp
I couldn't lunch LTSP.

My problem:

ltsp.conf

(...)
SCREEN_02 = xfreerdp -f -k pl -a 24 -x -l 192.168.0.3 # Windows XP

(...)

and I try to switch from LDM (Ctrl + Alt + F2) to rdp I can see black
screen and mouse pointer only.

So I switch to SCREEN_4 (xterm) and I change directory
to /usr/share/ltsp/screen.d and I try to run xfreerdp I receive:

Bad display name: /dev/pts/0
use: X [:<display>] [option]

(...)

Fatal server error:
Bad display name, exiting: /dev/pts/0
(...)
giving up.
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X
server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

---
How to fix this error?

Best regards,
Radek