[K12OSN] SOLVED: No root device found, boot has failed, sleeping forever

I discovered through much head scratching that network boot failures resulting in "no root device found" can be caused due to a missing /proc directory in the client image.

This happened to me when I restored a client image backup, but because my backup script excludes /proc it was missing altogether in the restored image. Unfortunately this causes dracut to throw up the significantly incorrect "no root device found" message, even if the root filesystem is successfully mounted.

Jeff