[K12OSN] HP T5520 client

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Oct 27 01:22:12 UTC 2012

Flash, eh?  I imagine this is in Firefox.  As I recall, later versions
of Firefox, from 3.0 on, talked to the X server such that they caused
the X server to hold onto DRAM.  In some cases, even 256MB wasn't quite
enough.  This is going back a few years, in the LTSP 4.2 days.
Konqueror didn't seem to have that memory-hogging effect in X, but
Firefox does.

Any chance of giving this a shot in, say, Konqueror and seeing if it
still happens?

--TP