[K12OSN] HP T5520 client

Barry R Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Mon Oct 29 21:31:51 UTC 2012

Hello All,

Just for completeness I wanted to post a final report on the HP T5530
TC.
I did get the bios flashed to version 1.03.
This did not help the situation of the TC ineveatably locking up or more
commonly the xserver restating and sending the TC back to the login
screen.

The TC does work fine and is very snappy on all websites and does in
fact run Youtubes fine.Once you hit an flash site or such as Facebook
the mouse gets very 'springy' and short hangs then recovers usually, and
will eventually xserver restart.

Long story short,,I had seen mixed specs and thought this TC did have
laptop ram slot in it,It does have soldered on ram.
128 MB simply isn't enough for the running kernels these days in my
opinion.

Hope this may help someone in a decision of trying to use the HP T5530
as an TC for ltsp 5.x.

Barry