[K12OSN] HP T5520 client

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Tue Oct 30 17:52:25 UTC 2012

William,

Thank You for the input. Unfortunately this TC has soldered on memory.No
open slots for adding memory. When I looked up before buying this off of
Ebay of course at least memory vendor showed that this TC had 200 pin
laptop memory.that was my intention to put at least 512 MB ram into.
I am guessing if this had 512 MB ram it would a very nice TC to use with
ltsp 5.x.

The mouse simply gets "springy" at times,,then catches up,,,,but,it also
on RED5 enabled sites especially will end up with x crashing/restarting
and ends up back at a login screen were you have to reboot the TC to get
the mouse/ keyboard functional again.
I have found it is best to test a potential TC on RED5 hosted sites as
it seems these sites really tank a TC due to the inherent flash stuff
that RED5 is hanged off of.

For example just trying to torture the TC it appears most of the time
even Facebook is fine,,and then the TC runs out of memory from flash,and
pictures and hangs then catches up.
Again Youtube(s) videos run fine,,and without buffer on this TC 100 % of
the time.

In regards to the nbd swap block,from what I can tell the ltsp 5.x
(default) automagically is setting up each TC with this feature. Can
someone else on the list here confirm this? I may be seeing something
wrong on this? I do see like 65000 enabling ndb swap during bootup.If I
am wrong this would be a good deal to try 'Im sure....

Take Care,
Barry