[K12OSN] RAID 1 anomaly

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Mon Sep 10 12:04:34 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I'm very sorry.I was braindead when i typed up my initial post.
This setup is in fact RAID 0  (Stripped).
Even with a new circuit board on the drive that wouldn't park,,,and now
does park as expected the data is still on the drive.
I am today going to try and remove the shot serial number in the
HARDWARE RAID array and try and add (the same drive with a different
serial number/circuit board).

As others have mentioned the way to go now is (usually) software raid.
Keep in mind back in Windows 2000 days I am not sure software raid was
even conceived at that time? Or at least it never worked as expected to.
I have never run into the scenario I am dealing with.
It is good to see there are still some active members on this K12LTSP
list!

Take Care,
Barry