[K12OSN] RAID 1 anomaly

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Sep 9 14:13:14 UTC 2012

Hello ALl,

Looks like not much activity for quite some time here...
I have a question for the grizzled network admins.
We have an old Windows 2000 server (that runs some VERY old typing
programs) that one of the two hard drives died that i configured in a
Hardware RAID 1 /Stripped arrangement. The drive simply would not
'park',,,click,,click,,click,,,on boot. OK,so i find another same
capacity hard drive in the cast off pile ,that i swapped the circuit
board,off of,,onto the clicking hard drive.This fixes the 'parking
problem,and the drive is now recognized in the bios once again.

Problem: Now the same hard drive ( with diffrent circuit board) is being
seen as an 'foreign drive' in the RAID array ( FastTrack100).
Is there any way to make this same drive with different circuit board/
serial number,,fit into the original array?
I hate the thoughts of having to reformat this server beings it's an
very antiqaited piece anyway

Thank you,
Barry