[K12OSN] How do I get to the english site if there is one???

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:10:06 UTC 2013

That looks like the domain has an issue that needs immediate attention.
That is NOT the k12os.org site!

dig k12os.org

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-20.P1.el5_8.5 <<>> k12os.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;k12os.org.            IN    A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
k12os.org.        3600    IN    A    219.94.129.179

;; Query time: 261 msec
;; SERVER: 170.140.1.1#53(170.140.1.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Apr 24 14:08:50 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 43

dig -x 219.94.129.179

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-20.P1.el5_8.5 <<>> -x 219.94.129.179
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;179.129.94.219.in-addr.arpa.    IN    PTR

;; ANSWER SECTION:
179.129.94.219.in-addr.arpa. 3600 IN    PTR    www1139.sakura.ne.jp.

;; Query time: 467 msec
;; SERVER: 170.140.1.1#53(170.140.1.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Apr 24 14:08:59 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 79

whois k12os.org
[Querying whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
[whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the
Public Interest Registry registry database. The data in this record is
provided by
Public Interest Registry for informational purposes only, and Public
Interest Registry does not
guarantee its accuracy.  This service is intended only for query-based
access. You agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes
and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow,
enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or
facsimile of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations
to entities other than the data recipient's own existing customers; or
(b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send
queries or data to the systems of Registry Operator, a Registrar, or
Afilias except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations. All rights reserved. Public Interest
Registry reserves
the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query,
you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:D164758308-LROR
Domain Name:K12OS.ORG
Created On:19-Feb-2012 14:30:35 UTC
Last Updated On:20-Aug-2012 08:20:11 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Feb-2014 14:30:35 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Status:OK
Registrant ID:5f25544b471d2f04
Registrant Name:Whois  Privacy Protection Service by VALUE-DOMAIN
Registrant Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service by VALUE-DOMAIN
Registrant Street1:Chuo-ku Minamisenba 3-1-8
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Osaka
Registrant State/Province:Osaka
Registrant Postal Code:542-0081
Registrant Country:JP
Registrant Phone:+81.662416585
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+81.662416586
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:whoisproxy at value-domain.com
Admin ID:5f25544b471d2f04
Admin Name:Whois  Privacy Protection Service by VALUE-DOMAIN
Admin Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service by VALUE-DOMAIN
Admin Street1:Chuo-ku Minamisenba 3-1-8
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Osaka
Admin State/Province:Osaka
Admin Postal Code:542-0081
Admin Country:JP
Admin Phone:+81.662416585
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+81.662416586
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:whoisproxy at value-domain.com
Tech ID:5f25544b471d2f04
Tech Name:Whois  Privacy Protection Service by VALUE-DOMAIN
Tech Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service by VALUE-DOMAIN
Tech Street1:Chuo-ku Minamisenba 3-1-8
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Osaka
Tech State/Province:Osaka
Tech Postal Code:542-0081
Tech Country:JP
Tech Phone:+81.662416585
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+81.662416586
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:whoisproxy at value-domain.com
Name Server:NS1.DNS.NE.JP
Name Server:NS2.DNS.NE.JP
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Michael G. Tracey <drknght at excite.com>wrote:

> How do I get to the english site if there is one???
>
> I have been on the site and attempted to change character encoding to no
> effect.
>
> MGT

James P. Kinney III
*