[K12OSN] asus netbook as fat client?

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at verizon.net
Mon Apr 22 22:26:57 UTC 2013

I've been running a Term 150 as a client with a Centos 5.3 LTSP server for some years now and it has worked very well. But, I'm getting the itch to upgrade and intend to use an Asus 1000HE with a USB keyboard and mouse as a fat client hooked up to a 19" LCD.

Is PXE booting for the Atheros NIC supported in the LTSP 5? I tried it with my setup (version 4.2) but the nic doesn't appear to be supported - it gives a kernel panic even even after specifying the chipset (AR8121) in dhcp.conf.

Anyone using a netbook? Anything to watch out for?

Jesse