[K12OSN] nbd-server on Centos 6.4

Joshua Trimm enslaver at enslaver.com
Sat Aug 3 00:34:24 UTC 2013

The issue may be related to the kernel module include in the client rpm's
(nbd.ko) if its not found in on the client side it won't be able to net
boot.  First mount up your image file as a loopback, chroot into it then
check to see if nbd.ko exists in your modules directory for your kernel:

# ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko

Also make sure you have the nbd rpm installed on the server

Note that nbd-3.3 hasn't been tested yet, nbd-2.9.20 is the current
supported version.