[K12OSN] LTSP on EL 6.4

Burke Almquist burke at thealmquists.net
Tue Aug 20 04:24:59 UTC 2013

On Aug 19, 2013, at 2:20 AM, <emil.krotki at ekrotech.com> <emil.krotki at ekrotech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Yes, I was hit by same issue. I just added EPEL repository and this helped with "mock".
> EPEL contained somewhat older LTSP, however, upgrading it, or installing from elsewhere should not be an issue.
> There are other obstacles to overcome on that particular distro, feel warned.

Thanks Emil, I was able to get it working. Well, I was able to get a client to boot to it anyhow. I haven't tested other things like local storage, but I was able to boot into a useable environment.
Using EPEL instead of the "new" s3 repository worked for me. Maybe the install instructions on the wiki need to be changed again? I didn't need to do bridging, as assigning any network device assigned to 192.168.67.1 will make the networking work correctly. Otherwise I followed the older version of the install instructions from the wiki. No need to mess with turning network on or network manager off since we aren't using the bridge anymore either!