[K12OSN] local apps time stamps off

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Feb 23 14:54:39 UTC 2013

Hello All,

Can anyone give me a link,,or "how they done it" in regards to getting
time stamps to come in correctly when running various apps as a local
app?
I have tried for many variations of setting time zone on the client
chroot,but, ultimately, when running for example, web browser ,chat
client, evoultion, the time stamps for various events are some times,two
hours off,and sometimes even a half day off.
I have tried setting up a network time sync in the chroot,but does not
seem to take effect.
Long story short I have never messed much with running apps locally,but
as of now,we have some very nice machines running as TC's and can
without a doubt handle all of the apps that could possibly be run in a
K12LInux setting.
It is very much a hinderence for end users seeing this very obvious
problem,running local apps in K12Linux.

Thank You,
Barry