[K12OSN] use K12Linux with "PasswordAuthentication no"

Josh Malone jmalone at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 8 16:36:03 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-08 11:42, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> in order to secure some servers, I would like to use
> "PasswordAuthentication no" in
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config
>
> However, if I do that, it goes for all interfaces, making it
> impossible to log in from the thinclients.
>
> Does anybody know of a workaround on order to still be able to do
> this?
>
> Many thanks for any advise.
>
> Greetings, J.

My gut instinct is to run 2 copies of sshd, one on each interface. I
think you can just have 2 copies of the config file and start them with
adding the "-f /etc/sshd_other_config" option.

-Josh

        Joshua Malone       Systems Administrator
      (jmalone at nrao.edu)    NRAO Charlottesville
         434-296-0263           www.nrao.edu
         434-249-5699 (mobile)