[K12OSN] Trouble with PXE Boot; Fedora 17

Adrin Gharakhani adrin at applied-scientific.com
Wed Jan 30 02:29:30 UTC 2013

Burke,

Right now I'm outside the LTSP realm; my attempt with the latter failed, so I tried what Gianluca suggested and just tried the basic steps of setting up a pxe boot (I don't think I've done any client building, per se).  I would have really preferred to use something like LTSP but unfortunately it doesn't support fedora 17 (the client side stops at fedora 14, which is an unacceptable option for me).

So, right now I have a 32-bit thin/zero client and a x86-64 F17 OS installation on my workstation. The 32-bit version of F17 is unfortunately not acceptable for what I do (and use), so I can't change the ecosystem of my workstation. The only real solution for me is something that would allow me to connect my 32-bit zero client to my 64-bit OS, but I don't know if/how it's possible (perhaps some sort of a compatibility software or something).

Any hope of getting LTSP for F17?

Thanks

adrin