[K12OSN] Login does not ... um ... login

HI all

Talked with Dean a bit about this and he suggested that I reload and try it again.  Welp, did that and I have the same issue: thin client boots and comes up to the login screen, then when I enter logname and passwd, it waits, the recycles back to the login screen.  I have NOT found any messages in /var/log/secure -or- [chroot] /var/log/secure.  In fact, there are not any message at all about this issue.

Ideas?

todh