[K12OSN] I can't log in into LDM | SL 6.1 thin client image

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Wed Jul 17 08:50:30 UTC 2013

Barry,

Thanks again for interesting of my troubles and your patience to me.

It is my report.

Deleting all files from /tmp didn't help. But now I am more clever. In my opinion ltsp-update-sshkeys in LTSP 5.4 is not compatible with old thin clients.

Fortunately I have an old LTSP installation (K12 5.2), and I used ltsp-update-sshkeys -u ltsp-5.4-server on old installation, next I copied /opt/ltsp/chroot/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts exited on LTSP 5.2 server to /opt/ltsp/chroot/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts on LTSP 5.4 server.

After rebooting thin client all work fine - I can log in to the server via LDM.

But how to force ltsp-update-sshkeys from LTSP 5.4 to compatibility with Fedora 11, Scientific Linux 6.1 images?

Best regards,
Radek

----
Radek

When you get toa point were a regular user can no longer do a login,,

Go to the /tmp folder,,,,,delete ALL files in the /tmp folder

# I use Webmin file browser for doing this,,
Now as that same user try doing a login,,,see if you get a successful
login...

Barry