Re: [K12OSN] local device

On 07/30/2013 09:26 AM, Radek Bursztynowski wrote:
Hello,

My thin client machine has local DVD, but I can't see any icon or
mounted point after log into the client.
I tried use several  option as follow:

    LOCALDEV                   = True
    HOTPLUG                     = True
    LOCAL_STORAGE        = True

and

    LOCAL_DEVICE_01             = /dev/sr0:cdrom

Still nothing.
What interesting?: when I move to xterm (Ctrl+Fx) on thin client, I can
mount DVD device and read it contents (mount /dev/sr0 /mnt).

Unfortunately I can't solve your problem but hopefully I can clarify your understanding of what is going on a bit. When you press CTRL-ALT-Fx and get a text console it is important to note that this is _not_ an xterm. It is a local console on your _client_ where the DVD drive is installed, which is why you can see it there.

Conversely, your X desktop is running on the _server_ but is displaying on your _client_. Since the DVD drive is not attached to the _server_ you cannot see it there, where the xterm is running.

Depending on what you want to do with the DVD you can may be able to install a localapp and run that to access the DVD.

Jeff